Southwest Airlines #SouthwestSaysAloha Promotion Official Rules
The Southwest Airlines #SouthwestSaysAloha Promotion (the “Giveaway”) is sponsored by HireInfluence, Inc. with offices located at 6516 N. Gessner Dr., Houston, TX 77040 (“Sponsor”). Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any other companies or agencies associated with the Giveaway (such as advertising, promotion, fulfillment or judging agencies and including without limitation Southwest Airlines Co. (“Southwest”), hereinafter will be referred to as the “Giveaway Entities.” Southwest is not a sponsor, co-sponsor, or administrator of this Giveaway.
Participation in the Giveaway constitutes the entrant’s (“you” or “your”) full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules, including the decisions and interpretations of Sponsor and/or the judges, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Giveaway.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Giveaway Dates: The Giveaway begins on February 15, 2019 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) (the “Giveaway Start Date”) and ends on March 15, 2019, at 11:59 PM ET (the “Giveaway End Date”). The period from the Giveaway Start Date through the Giveaway End Date is referred to as the “Giveaway Period.” Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time clock for the Giveaway.
- Who Can Enter: The Giveaway is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska and Puerto Rico) who are at least nineteen (19) years old and have an Instagram® account at the time of entry. Employees of the Giveaway Entities and the immediate family members (defined as parents, parents-in-law, children, siblings and spouse (including common law), regardless of where they reside) of each employee are not eligible to enter the Giveaway or win Giveaway prizes. Any other persons with whom such employees are domiciled are also not eligible to enter the Giveaway or win Giveaway prizes.
- How to Enter: During the Giveaway Period, enter the Giveaway by visiting 1 (one) of the 6 (six) Southwest® sponsored Instagram posts and following the included instructions. To enter the Giveaway via Instagram, each entrant must: 1) Tag/mention the valid Instagram username of two personal friends in the comments section of the sponsored post; 2) Reference the hashtag #SouthwestSaysAloha and #Sweepstakes; 3) follow @SouthwestAir on Instagram; and 4) agree to the Official Rules.In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules, each Entry must not contain any content that is profane, obscene, disparaging or is otherwise inappropriate, objectionable, or unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Posting on Instagram requires a wireless mobile device; data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Giveaway. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
If you do not have an Instagram account, you can visit https://instagram.com and create an Instagram account according to the instructions on the website. Creating an Instagram account is free. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Instagram Terms of Service in order to create an Instagram account.
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, you, on behalf of yourself further agree that the Sponsor and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor may use your name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown, state of residence, statement and any other identifying characteristics, including, but not limited to the taking of photographs and/or videos, in any manner and in any medium, now known or hereafter discovered or devised, worldwide in perpetuity, for purposes of advertising, marketing, trade, promotion and/or publicity, without further notice, review, approval or authorization by you and without payment or consideration to you, unless prohibited by law. You further agree to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein. You, on behalf of yourself (and/or, if applicable, minor child(ren) or ward(s)), waive any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- Limitations on Entry: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person every twenty-four (24) hours during the Giveaway Period. If more than one entry is received from an entrant, only the first entry will be included and later entries will be disqualified. Each potential Prize Winner may be required to provide valid and legal proof of identification. All entries must be fully and accurately completed. Use of any automated system to participate in the Giveaway or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. Giveaway Entities will not be responsible for incomplete, inaccurate, late, or stolen entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Giveaway-related materials. In the event of a dispute over the ownership of an entry, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person(s) assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Giveaway.
- Selection of the Prize Winners: Within ten (10) business days of the end of the Giveaway Period, Sponsor will randomly select six (6) entries from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period, to win a prize (“Prize Winners”). All decisions concerning the award and elements of the Sponsored Prizes are solely within the discretion of Sponsor. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.No more than six (6) Sponsored Prizes will be awarded for any reason. In the event of any technical errors, tampering, programming error, malfunction, or error of any kind that results in more than six (6) entrants being notified that they are a Prize Winner, then all such claimants shall be placed into a random drawing, and six (6) eligible entries will be randomly selected from all entrants receiving a prize winner notification or submitting a prize winning claim. The maximum number of prize awards are as listed above, regardless of the number of entrants who claim to have received, or who have actually received a prize winner notification.
- Prize Details: Six (6) Prize Winners will receive roundtrip air travel on Southwest Airlines® for winner and one (1) guest (“Sponsored Prize”), subject to Air Travel Restrictions set forth below.The estimated retail value of each Sponsored Prize is $800.00 (eight-hundred dollars). Final actual value may vary. The Sponsored Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. In the event any scheduled prize is unavailable at time of prize award for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
Air Travel Restrictions: Air travel is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. Round trip travel for two (2) on Southwest Airlines will be awarded in the form of four (4) Southwest flight e-passes. Each Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest Airlines-operated, published, scheduled service in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Southwest flight e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest Airlines. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest flight e-pass(es). Southwest flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. However, the recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering a Southwest flight e-pass. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines’ Passenger Contract of Carriage set out at www.southwest.com/contractofcarriage. If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he/she is responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. Winner is responsible for booking all travel and paying all applicable international taxes and fees. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. Winner and guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Winner and guest must have valid government-issued photo identification at the time of travel. If the travel guest is a minor, winner must be his/her parent/guardian, or be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian.
- Awarding of Prizes: If your entry has been drawn as a Prize Winner, you will be contacted within ten (10) days after the drawing via direct messaging on Instagram, to confirm your entry and eligibility. If Prize Winner does not meet all eligibility requirements, has not complied with these Official Rules, cannot be contacted, does not respond within seven (7) days from the date Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, he or she forfeits all rights to claim or receive the Sponsored Prize. Prize Winner will be selected using the methods described above. Any disqualified entrant will not receive any alternate prize substitution or compensation. By accepting the Sponsored Prize, the Prize Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. If the Sponsored Prizes are not won and claimed by an eligible entrant in accordance with these Official Rules, it will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. As a condition to receiving any prize, Prize Winners may be required to submit an Affidavit of Eligibility (including without limitation certification of address (no P.O. Boxes) and state of residency) and a copy of a valid driver’s license and other identification required by Sponsor. Each Prize Winner will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) on all prizes awarded. THE SPONSORED PRIZE IS AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT CONDITION, WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
- Privacy: Information collected from Entrants is subject to the Sponsor’s Privacy Policies, which is available at https://hireinfluence.com/privacy-policy/. We will not disclose your personal information to a third party other than Giveaway Entities unless you have consented to such disclosure or where we are required to do so by law. Should you breach these Official Rules, or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, we may disclose your information to a relevant authority. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Any disclosure of personal information will be strictly controlled and made fully in accordance with current U.S. law.
- Publicity: Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Giveaway Entities to use the Prize Winner’s name, likeness, photo, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in any media without limitation and without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. The Prize Winner may be required to submit a liability/publicity release (where permitted) and a photograph of him or herself to be used for publicity purposes.
- Disqualification: The following are prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification from the Giveaway: (1) using any method that artificially increases odds of winning, including without limitation Internet bots, web robots, www robots or any other type of bots; (2) non- compliance with these Official Rules; and (3) any other act that the Giveaway Entities determine, in their sole discretion, jeopardizes the integrity of the Giveaway.
- Release of Liability: By entering the Giveaway, each entrant (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor or its designees, which shall be final and (b) agrees to release and to hold the Giveaway Entities, and their respective parents, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and legal advisors, harmless against any and all claims, losses, rights, liabilities and damages, and actions of any kind arising out of their participation in the Giveaway and/or the acceptance and use of any prize (including without limitation any travel or activity related thereto). The foregoing release includes, but is not limited to, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Under no circumstances shall any of the Giveaway Entities have any liability or responsibility for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (2) any unauthorized access to or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point; (3) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the Giveaway; (4) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or a Giveaway site or any combination thereof; (5) any injury or damage to a participant’s or to any other person’s computer, tablet, mobile device or other electronic device that may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Giveaway or download any materials in the Giveaway; or (6) any typographical error or other error in these Official Rules or in any other communication relating to the Giveaway. All entries become the property of Giveaway Entities.
- Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Giveaway, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, including but not limited to prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of JAMS pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures and held at JAMS regional office nearest the Entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Giveaway), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Entrant further agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant, Administrator and/or Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
- General Terms and Conditions: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Giveaway. This Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. Sponsor is not liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or its contents related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Giveaway, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Giveaway as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Giveaway is compromised by a virus, unauthorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Giveaway. Should the Giveaway be terminated prior to the end of the Giveaway Period, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the non-suspect, eligible entries received before the termination date.ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Prize Winner’s Name and Official Rules: To obtain a winner’s list and/or a copy of these Official Rules by mail, send a request and self-addressed stamped envelope to HireInfluence, Inc. Winner’s List, #SouthwestSaysAloha Sweepstakes, 6516 N. Gessner Dr., Houston, TX 77040. Mail must be postmarked by 11:59 PM ET on April 15, 2019.