The Role of a TikTok Influencer Marketing Agency
How Enlisting a Social Media Influencer from TikTok Can Maximize Your Marketing
As one of the quickest-growing social media platforms, it’s no wonder TikTok influencer marketing has boomed as well. Applying these powerful marketing campaigns to your marketing can generate new leads and help convert. Consider enlisting an influencer to use in your brand’s TikTok marketing strategy.
The Exponential Growth of TikTok
TikTok emerged in 2017 after the popular Musical.ly app merged with Douyin, another video-driven social networking platform. Many of the top TikTok influencers today began creating content on Musical.ly prior to TikTok’s inception. The current platform has grown exponentially since its launch- it now boasts over 1 billion monthly active users and is a worldwide sensation spanning nearly 150 countries. Users spend an average of 858 minutes on the TikTok app each month as of March 2020—a significant increase from 415 monthly minutes in October 2019.
Why is the TikTok app so engaging? It offers users the ability to create, watch, or share short video clips (maxed out at 60 seconds each video) on the platform. The creative transitions and effects set it apart from other social networking apps. Video content includes but is most definitely not limited to entertaining dance videos, pranks, tutorials, recipes, and educational content. Those creators who have proven their authority in any given area are referred to as TikTok influencers. Each has grown a dedicated following of users who look to them for insight into their area of expertise. Influencers have a deep, authentic connection with their audience—those in their community trust the influencer’s knowledge and opinion. This relationship makes TikTok influencers the ideal candidates for sponsored marketing campaigns.
What is TikTok Influencer Marketing?
TikTok influencer marketing involves enlisting a TikTok personality to collaborate with a brand. These partnerships can include sponsored content, product reviews, among other types of influencer campaign strategies. The influencer’s role is to bring awareness to the brand and ultimately promote conversions. But do users really purchase based on suggestions from a TikTok influencer? Absolutely! Nearly 50% of social media users depend on recommendations from their favorite influencers for purchases. The unique relationship that a TikTok influencer has with their distinct audience builds a strong level of trust. Followers feel as though they personally know this pseudo-celebrity through posted content and authentic engagement.
For this reason, the best TikTok influencers are careful not to take on too many collaborations. If they constantly feed their audience paid ads or promote a brand that wouldn’t appeal to their target audience, followers lose trust. Authenticity, transparency, and relatability are all qualities of the top TikTok influencers out there.
3 Reasons Top Brands Collaborate with TikTok Influencers
There are several advantages to incorporating a TikTok influencer campaign into your marketing strategies. Some of the most impactful reasons are:
1. Builds Brand Awareness
Enlisting an influencer to promote a brand instantly leads to brand awareness. Those followers who may not have been exposed to the brand previously are made aware of a product through an influencer’s feed. Even if they don’t convert, the brand will be recognizable to them in the future.
Many influencers can simply wear, hold, or mention a product, and their audience bombards them with inquiries about the brand. That’s not to say that sponsored content doesn’t have to be creative—top influencers incorporate brands into their content in their own authentic way. And hearing a credible figure discuss the deep benefits of a product or service further promotes brand trust in addition to awareness.
Finding a celebrity spokesperson for an ad campaign can be an expensive venture. Using a social media influencer for a marketing strategy can be a cost-effective alternative with additional perks. The price a client pays for a partnered campaign depends heavily on many factors. Your influencer marketing professionals can advise on what is appropriate for any given campaign.
The size of an influencer’s following is a factor on which many people focus. Marketing agencies typically place social media influencers into tiers based on their following size. These include Nano influencers (1k-10k followers), Micro-influencers (10k-50k followers), Mid-Tier influencers (50k-500k followers), Marco influencers (500k-1M followers), and Mega influencers or celebrities (1M+ followers). Although having a large following can be important, it’s not everything. A marketing agency carefully considers whether the target audience of both parties align, evaluates whether the influencer’s engagement (the interactions from followers—if the audience doesn’t engage, this could indicate influencer fraud or signal that followers won’t be inclined to take action based on the sponsored content) is suitable, and creates high-quality content. Recruiting a Nano influencer can result in significant ROI if a large percentage of their dedicated following takes action. Numerous case studies are available which show the analytics behind such social media campaigns. Again, a marketing specialist can determine the best TikTok influencer fit for your goals.
3. Lead Generation
With an increased reach comes new prospects. Placing your brand in front of a fresh audience of engaged TikTokers will allow you to generate leads. Even if these followers do not directly purchase based on the content, several other actions can result from the partnership. Any follower who engaged with the video content through views, likes, comments, or shares is a viable lead. Your TikTok influencer marketing agency can collect this lead data for you.
Lead generation can also provide your brand with critical marketing information. It can give additional insight into your target audience. This can help our team further strengthen future influencer marketing campaigns.
One Platform—Endless Niches
Think all TikTokers release the same trending content? Think again. Creators on TikTok publish videos on practically anything you could imagine. Though some of it is intended solely for entertainment, many niches revolve around education and informative content. Top TikTok influencer marketing agencies pair brands with the best-suited influencer from a variety of genres. A few of the popular categories include:
- Food influencers. Food is more than a necessity to foodie TikTokers. Food influencers on the app have been known to share unique cooking how-tos, walk viewers through detailed cooking instructions for their favorite dishes, or test out trending recipes. Some of the food content creators with the most TikTok followers include Tabitha Brown, Gordon Ramsey, and Rosanna Pansino. With brand partnerships like Whole Foods and Restaurant Kits, these influential foodies create delicious and authentic sponsored content which their followings can’t help but gobble up.
- Beauty influencers. Who doesn’t want to recreate the same makeup looks as iconic TikTok influencers? With video tutorials and product reviews, any TikTok users can. Beauty influencers on the platform share skin care routines, hair how-tos, and creative makeup looks, among other content. Interested in learning about the latest beauty trend? TikTok is the place to go. Although the YouTube platform has long been used for makeup tutorials, TikTok videos are different. The short clips and unique transitions set to popular music make them more engaging.
- Finance influencers. Money makes the world go ‘round and finance influencers on TikTok know it. These influencers use the video platform to educate TikTok users on personal and business finance. Financial content includes topics such as how to minimize debt, simple stock strategies, and estimating personal taxes. Addressing the somewhat-taboo topic of money can be engaging and fun through viral TikTok clips.
- Dance influencers. From professional performers to up-and-coming dancers mimicking popular TikTok choreography, the platform is packed with dance videos. The most-followed influencer on TikTok happens to be 16-year-old Charli D’Amelio- an aspiring dancer. She boasts almost 110 million followers on the video platform. She was also the first TikTok user to hit 50 million AND 100 million followers. Other notable TikTokers with impressive moves are Addison Rae (arguably the highest-earning influencer on the TikTok platform), Michael Le, and Jason Derulo.
- Music influencers. An emotion-driven art, music is a huge component of TikTok videos, as nearly every clip on the platform is set to music. Influential musicians share not only videos involving their popular tunes, but also content on their every day. Some of these musical artists have been known to speak out about body image, New York politics, mental health, among other controversial areas. Notable music influencers are Taylor Swift, Lizzo, and Loren Gray, who used her TikTok influence to become a recording musician.
- Sports influencers. Some of the most popular personalities on social media come from the sports world. Athletes are viewed as modern-day celebrities; it’s no wonder audiences look to their favorite athletes on TikTok for fitness inspiration and beyond. Demi Bagby is a CrossFit star and female bodybuilder with nearly 14 million followers on the TikTok platform alone. Her Instagram and Youtube also boast several million followers each. The 20-year-old content creator is in good company on TikTik among other influencers like Ulisses and Antonie Lokhorst. From fitness challenges to professional sports recaps, active users can find a wide range of sports-related content on TikTok.
- Science influencers. Brilliant individuals on the TikTok app use their background in science to educate viewers. Science influencers typically have education or strong experience in the sciences to confirm their authority in the discipline. Prominent science influencers include Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye who each have followers in the millions on TikTok and across other platforms.
Recruit a Full-Service TikTok Influencer Marketing Agency
Full-service influencer marketing agencies in New York or Los Angeles don’t just connect clients with social media influencers—they coordinate all other components of the influencer marketing campaign. That means the best quality promotional content and the best results. Case studies are available which show the metrics. Some of the top benefits of working with a dedicated influencer marketing agency includes the ability to vet TikTok influencers, negotiate rates, content quality control, and track ROI.
The wrong partnership or strategy can be a waste of resources for everyone. For this reason, a dedicated TikTok influencer marketing agency is the best place to recruit a top personality to promote your brand. Our team has extensive experience in helping clients find success with TikTok influencer campaigns. Reach out to HireInfluence to begin the process and elevate your Pinterest influencer marketing.