The #PEIMusselsOnTheMenu Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is sponsored by HireInfluence, Inc. with offices located at 6516 N. Gessner Dr., Houston, TX 77040 ("Sponsor"). Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any other companies or agencies associated with the Giveaway (such as advertising, promotion, fulfillment or judging agencies and including without limitation Mussel Industry Council of PEI), hereinafter will be referred to as the "Giveaway Entities."
Participation in the Giveaway constitutes the entrant's ("you" or "your") full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules, including the decisions and interpretations of Sponsor and/or the judges, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Giveaway.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Maximum one (1) entry per person per twenty-four (24) hour period during the Giveaway Period (as defined below).
2. Giveaway Dates: The Giveaway begins on March 27, 2017 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") (the "Giveaway Start Date") and ends on April 17, 2017, at 11:59 PM ET (the "Giveaway End Date"). The period from the Giveaway Start Date through the Giveaway End Date is referred to as the "Giveaway Period." Sponsor’s designated computer is the official time clock for the Giveaway.
3. Who Can Enter: The Giveaway is open to all legal residents of the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years or older at the time of entry (nineteen (19) years old or older for Alabama and Nebraska residents). Employees of the Giveaway Entities and the immediate family members (defined as parents, parents-in-law, children, siblings and spouse (including common law), regardless of where they reside) of each employee are not eligible to enter the Giveaway or win Giveaway prizes. Any other persons with whom such employees are domiciled are also not eligible to enter the Giveaway or win Giveaway prizes.
4. How to Enter: During the Giveaway Period, enter the Giveaway by visiting 1 (one) of the 12 (twelve) Mussel Industry Council sponsored blog article URLs (the "Websites") and following the embedded instructions. To enter the Giveaway, each entrant must vote by selecting their favorite #PEIMusselsOnTheMenu Recipe photo, and complete the entry by signing into the voting feature via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram on the entry submission form and agreeing to the Official Rules. By participating and submitting an entry, entrant agrees that Sponsor and participating parties are authorized to contact entrant via direct messaging on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to make entrant aware of information pertinent to the Giveaway.
5. Limitations on Entry: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per twenty-four (24) hours during the Giveaway Period. If more than one entry is received from an entrant in any twenty- four (24) hour period, only the first entry will be included and later entries will be disqualified. Each potential Prize Winner may be required to provide valid and legal proof of identification. All entries must be fully and accurately completed. Use of any automated system to participate in the Giveaway or subvert the entry process is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. Giveaway Entities will not be responsible for incomplete, inaccurate, late, or stolen entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Giveaway, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Giveaway-related materials. In the event of a dispute over the ownership of an entry, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person(s) assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Giveaway.
6. Selection of the Prize Winners: Within five (5) business days of the end of the Giveaway Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) entry from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period, to win the Grand Prize ("Prize Winner"). All decisions concerning the award and elements of the Grand Prize are solely within the discretion of Sponsor. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
No more than one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded for any reason. In the event of any technical errors, tampering, programming error, malfunction, or error of any kind that results in more than one (1) entrant being notified that they are the Grand Prize Winner, then all such claimants shall be placed into a random drawing, and the actual scheduled number of prize winners will be randomly selected from all entrants receiving a prize winner notification or submitting a prize winning claim. The maximum number of prize awards are as listed above, regardless of the number of entrants who claim to have received, or who have actually received a prize winner notification.
7. Prize Details: The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for 2 to Prince Edward Island, Canada. The Grand Prize includes:
Return economy class airfare for two (2) to Prince Edward Island, Canada departing from a major American or Canadian airport nearest the winner’s home. Includes departure taxes and all other related taxes such as fuel surcharges, navigational surcharges, air traveler’s security charges and airport improvement fees, by example. Specific airline and flight schedule will be selected by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. All travel is subject to availability and to flight schedules. The Contest winner and his/her respective travel companion are responsible for all costs not expressly described, including without limitation to, travel and health insurance, travel documentations (e.g. passport), taxes, travel baggage, ground transportation, gratuities, room service, any applicable overnight layovers, and other personal expenses. The travel companion must travel on the same itinerary as the winner. Trip extensions and changes are not permitted. It is the Grand Prize winner’s and his/her travel companion’s responsibility to arrange transportation to get to and from the flight departure city/airport. The Sponsor is not responsible if the Grand Prize contest winner and/or his/her travel companion are denied entry into Canada for any reason if winner is randomly selected from the United States.
Fees associated with five (5) night stay for two (2) people at a Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island based hotel; plus fees associated with parking of a vehicle if applicable based on parking options from selected hotel chain. Note that hotel chain to be selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Prize includes costs associated with accommodations only; any fees outside of accommodations (i.e. room service, movie fees, etc.) will be the responsibility of winner, including any applicable taxes. A minimum of one person, either the Grand Prize winner or the travel companion, must hold a valid credit card to cover any incidentals or any other requirement that may be required at the hotel.
Automobile rental for Grand Prize winner to use during time physically on Prince Edward Island. Winner and traveling companion must have valid driver’s license and available for required legal/insurance coverage to redeem this prize. All rental-specific agreements are between vehicle rental company and winner and/or traveling companion. Specific vehicle rental company completely at the discretion of Sponsor.
$1,000 cash will be awarded to the trip winner.
All and other stay incidentals are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsors are not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from change of travel plans.
The selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to be deemed a potential prizewinner.
The estimated retail value of the Grand Prize is $5000. Final actual value may vary. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. In the event any scheduled prize is unavailable at time of prize award for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion.
This prize must be redeemed through The Travel Store by contacting Amanda Lindsay at 1-902-566-1024 or email@example.com
8. Awarding of Prize: If your entry has been drawn as a Prize Winner, you will be contacted within one (1) week after the drawing via direct messaging on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, to confirm your entry and eligibility. If the Prize Winner does not meet all eligibility requirements, has not complied with these Official Rules, cannot be contacted, does not respond within seven (7) days from the date Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, he or she forfeits all rights to claim or receive the Prize and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected using the methods described above. Any disqualified entrant will not receive any alternate prize substitution or compensation. By accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. If the Prize is not won and claimed by an eligible entrant in accordance with these Official Rules, it will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. As a condition to receiving any Prize, Prize Winners may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility (including without limitation certification of address (no P.O. Boxes) and state of residency) and a copy of a valid driver’s license and other identification required by Sponsor. Each Prize Winner will be responsible for paying all applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) on all prizes awarded. THE PRIZE IS AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT CONDITION, WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
9. Privacy: We will not disclose your personal information to a third party other than Giveaway Entities unless you have consented to such disclosure or where we are required to do so by law. Should you breach these Official Rules, or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, we may disclose your information to a relevant authority. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Any disclosure of personal information will be strictly controlled and made fully in accordance with current U.S. law.
10. Publicity: Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Giveaway Entities to use the Prize Winner’s name, likeness, photo, voice and comments for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide in any media without limitation and without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. The Prize Winner may be required to submit a liability/publicity release (where permitted) and a photograph of him or herself to be used for publicity purposes.
11. Disqualification: The following are prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification from the Giveaway: (1) using any method that artificially increases odds of winning, including without limitation internet bots, web robots, www robots or any other type of bots; (2) non- compliance with these Official Rules; and (3) any other act that the Giveaway Entities determine, in their sole discretion, jeopardizes the integrity of the Giveaway.
12. Release of Liability: By entering the Giveaway, each entrant (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor or its designees, which shall be final and (b) agrees to release and to hold the Giveaway Entities, and their respective parents, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and legal advisors, harmless against any and all claims, losses, rights, liabilities and damages, and actions of any kind arising out of their participation in the Giveaway and/or the acceptance and use of any prize (including without limitation any travel or activity related thereto). The foregoing release includes, but is not limited to, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Under no circumstances shall any of the Giveaway Entities have any liability or responsibility for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (2) any unauthorized access to or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point; (3) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the Giveaway; (4) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or a Giveaway site or any combination thereof; (5) any injury or damage to a participant’s or to any other person's computer, tablet, mobile device or other electronic device that may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Giveaway or download any materials in the Giveaway; or (6) any typographical error or other error in these Official Rules or in any other communication relating to the Giveaway. All entries become the property of Giveaway Entities.
13. Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited by law, participants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration in Houston, Texas, pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by entrant with regard to this Giveaway, excluding in all events attorneys’ or other related fees and punitive, exemplary, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
14. General Terms and Conditions: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Giveaway. This Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. Sponsor is not liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or its contents related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Giveaway, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Giveaway as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Giveaway is compromised by a virus, unauthorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Giveaway. Should the Giveaway be terminated prior to the end of the Giveaway Period, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the non-suspect, eligible entries received before the termination date.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. Prize Winner’s Name and Official Rules: To obtain a winner’s list and/or a copy of these Official Rules by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to HireInfluence, Inc. Winner’s List, #MusselsOnTheMenu Giveaway, 6516 N. Gessner Dr., Houston, TX 77040. Mail must be received by 11:59 PM ET on June 1, 2017.